Dragon Lake, BC. Fishing Dragon Lake, Quesnel, British Columbia


Lodging & Services
Recreation
Cities & Towns
Lakes
Travel Info
Points of Interest
Provincial Parks
Trails





  Dragon Lake
Cariboo Region
British Columbia, Canada


www.bcadventure.com

Dragon Lake, BC

Location: To reach Dragon Lake, travel about 4.2 km (2.6 miles) south of the city of Quesnel. Turn east off Highway 97. Travel on a paved road for 3.2 km (2 mi) to a boat launching site on the lake.

Size 225 ha. (556 ac.) Shoal 156 ha. (385 ac.)
Mean Depth 6 m. (19 ft.) Max. Depth 8 m. (26 ft.)
Game Fish Rainbow Trout Fish Stocked Rainbow Trout
Angler Usage High Elevation 579 m. (1900 ft.)
Ice Over Mid November - Mid April T.D.S. 300 mg/L

Resorts & Campsites: Dragon Lake has one resort with campsites and boat launching. Many public docks with boat launching. All facilities and services, including a great fly & tackle shop, can be found minutes away in the nearby city of Quesnel.

BC Adventure Network members serving this area:

Cariboo Rivers Fishing: We specialize in fly-fishing, wilderness and cultural tours, and jet boat adventures from the Chilcotin plateau, to the interior rain forests of the Quesnel Lake watershed. We offer you luxury in a wilderness setting at our private lodge on the Fraser River ... more

If you would like to have your business listed, please Click Here.

Dragon Lake Rainbow Trout

Fishing Report: One of the jewels of the Cariboo, Dragon Lake is the home of trophy size rainbows. Twelve pounders are caught on a regular basis and because of such great fishing, this lake is often featured on TV fishing programs. All methods of fishing work well, however, Dragon Lake is considered a fly fisher's dream. If you are visiting the Quesnel/Barkerville area, fishing this lake for that trophy rainbow should be high on your list of priorities.

Dragon Lake, BC

Viewscape: Dragon Lake is situated among moderately hilly terrain which is 80% forested in apen, birch and Douglas fir. The remaining 20% consists of farm and pasture land. Many residences are found on the west and north side of the lake.

Shoreline: Sandy gravelly soil and black loamy soil surround the lake. Cattail and soft-stem bullrushes are found around most of the shoreline.

Nearby Lakes

see Milburn Lake and Bouchie Lake, just west of the city of Quesnel.

Note: Always check your current BC Fishing regulations before you start fishing a new lake.



Advertise With Us

Promote your business on the BC Adventure Network.
BC's largest and most visited tourism Web site . . . more info.

Advertising Inquiries:
advertising@ibcnetwork.com

1995 - 2013 Interactive Broadcasting Corporation


Follow Us On Facebook



List of BC Adventure
Advertisers

Site Info
Advertise With Us
Awards
About Us
Contact Us




Free Vacation Guides
BC Vacation Guides
Coastal Vacations
Thompson Okanagan
EcoTourism
Fishing Vacations
Guest Ranch Guide
Romantic Getaways
Wilderness Vacations
Winter Vacations
The Rockies Guide




Login



Dragon Lake, BC. Fishing Dragon Lake, Quesnel, British Columbia